| Tirth |
| Other Temples |
Works of art and Sculpture |
Nearly 104 cms. high
white-colored idol of Bhagawan Adinath in the Padmasana posture.
Tirth: It is in the centre of the village of Zagadia.
Historicity: The inscriptions on the idols reveal that they
belong to the year 1200 of the Vikram era. They were formally installed by the then King
Shri Gambhirsinhji on the fifth day of the dark half of the month of Magh in the year 1928
of the Vikram era and the temple was renovated by the Sangha in the year 1959 of the
Vikram era. When Shravakas asked the King to give them the idols found from the hollow of
the ground, the king said that it was a disgrace to the state to give the idols. He
promised them that he would build another temple for Jains and give them trading
facilities. Thus the king built the temple and looked after it for years. Such a history
is rare to find.
Other Temples: - There are no other temples.
Works of art and Sculpture: The summits of the temple and the outer arched gate
are really wonderful and sighty.
Guidelines: The railway station is at a distance of one
kilometer. The place is at a distance of 32 kilometers from Bharuch on the
Ankleshwar-Rajapipla railway line. Bus service and service of private vehicles are
available. There are boarding and lodging facilities.
Trust: Shri Jain Rikhavdevji Maharajani Pedhi, Zagadiya -
393110, Dist Bharuch, Gujarat State, India.