| Tirth | Historicity | Other
Temples | Works of art and
Sculpture | Guidelines | Trust
| Photo Gallery
Nearly 107 cms high,white-colored, parikarayukta idol of Bhagawan Mahavir
Swami in the kayotsarga posture.
It is outside the Mungthala village.
Historicity: It is believed
that this tirth belongs to the times of Bhagawan Mahavir. It is also
described in the Ashtotari Tirthmala composed by Acharya
Mahendrasurishvarji in the thirteenth century. A stone inscription shows
that Bhagawan Mahavir Swami stayed here in Kausagga meditation and King
Puraraj built the temple and installed the idol of Bhagawan and Vishaldev,
the King’s son gifted the well with the garden in the year 1442 of the
Vikram era. There is an inscription showing that there are 145 idols in
the year 1722 of the Vikram era. After a long time, the temple was
renovated in the year 2015 of the Vikram era and the idol was reinstalled.
At present, there is no other temple.
of art and Sculpture:
There is no special ancient ruin available today. According to the
inscription, some ancient idols were sent to other places.
The nearest railway station of Abu Road is at a distance of 10 kilometers.
Bus service and private vehicles are available. There are ordinary board
and lodging provisions.
Trust: Shri Kalyanji Parmanandji
Pedhi, Shri Mungthala Mahatirth, Post Office - Mundathala, Abu
Road,Shirohi, State - Rajasthan, India.