| Tirth | Historicity | Other
Temples | Works of art and
Sculpture | Guidelines | Trust |
Nearly 40 cms. white colored Bhagawan, Chintamani Parshvanath in the
It is the Navalakha Road in the Gangani village.
Historicity: This very ancient
tirth called Arjunpuri, later on came to be called Ganganak. In the year
1662 of the Vikram era, 65 idols appeared from a cellar of the Khokharnak
temple near the dudhiya (milk - white ) lake. The dudhiya lake and the
Khokhar temple are there even today. This temple was perhaps many times
renovated in the fourteenth century and the sixteenth century. The last
renovation was accomplished in the year 1982. In this temple, there is an
idol of Bhagwan Adhishvar. It is made of all metals. An inscription of the
year 937 is carved on it. This idol is very miraculous. Since this the
temple of the idol installed by Emperor Chandragupta under the auspices of
Bhadorabhahusuriji and the idol was installed by King Samprati under the
auspices of Suhastisurishvarji, it has a special significance.
At present there is no other temple.
of art and Sculpture:
The 22 meters high, ancient splendid and large two storied temple with
high summits, specially attracts the pilgrims. From the sculptural view
point, this ancient tirth has a special significance.
The nearest railway station, ‘Ummed’ is at a distance of 10 kilometers
and Jodhpur is at a distance of 36 kilometers from this place. Bus Service
and private vehicles are available. boarding and lodging are provided.
Trust: Shri Prachi Jain Svetambar
Tirth, Gangani, Taluka : Oshiya, Dist. : Jodhpur, State : Rajasthan, India.
Bhagawan Chintamani Parshvanath